|2011-12 PLAYER PROFILES
- Anthony is our only sophomore on the varsity this season. Anthony is improving on a daily basis. Offensively, Anthony will run the lead guard for us this season and is at his best when he has the ball in his hands in transition. If a teammate is open he will find him. Anthony is one of our best perimeter covers and has the ability to really activate the ball defensively. Anthony plays with a big-time motor - look for Anthony to give the Tigers some toughness when on the court.
- This will be Josiah's first season on the varsity as he spent his junior season on the JV developing. The coaching staff has been pleasantly pleased so far with Josiah's progress. He is a play-maker on the court. Josiah can knock down jumpers and take it to the paint and score with his strong frame. He also finishes well in transition. Look for Josiah to come off the bench this season and give the Tigers a huge spark.
- Cody is starting his second year on varsity as he started for us last year at the off guard position. Cody, physically, has really developed over the last two years. He is our best athlete and offensive rebounder. Cody is extremely aggressive on both ends of the floor and when he lets the game come to him he most often dominates. Cody has the ability to excel in many facets of the game, including defense, rebounding, scoring and attacking in transition. Look for Cody to carry the Tigers this season in many facets of the game.
- This will be Zane's second season on the varsity and he has improved greatly over the past three seasons. At 6' 10, Zane gives the Tigers a presence in the paint. He has the ability to alter many shots, rebound and get our transition game started. Offensively, Zane is developing a back to the basket game and has the ability to knock down a mid-range shot. Zane has worked extremely hard with his conditioning and in the weight room, which has given him more confidence when on the court. Zane is a great teammate and well liked on campus.
Deandre is new to us this year from Milwaukee and is really fitting in
nicely. Physically, Deandre is built like a rock. He has tremendous
strength in his legs and core, which allows him to score and rebound in
the paint effectively. He gets off the floor as quickly as anyone in our
program. Deandre is also very effective at running and finishing in
transition. Defensively, as Deandre continues to learn our system, he
could be a huge weapon at defending the opposition’s scorers.
- This will be Tanner's first season on the varsity. Tanner has developed nicely over the past two seasons, both on the court and physically. Tanner has the ability to shoot the basketball all the way out to the three point line and also has shown to be a shot maker around the basket at times. Defensively, Tanner has the ability to guard in the post as he has worked hard on this strength. Look for Tanner to give the Tigers steadiness on the court this season.
- This will be Mo's first year on the varsity. Mo has come a long way since his freshmen year. He played sparingly as a freshman, but developed to the point where he started many games for us this past summer. Mo has gone from an undersized post to a player that has the ability to shoot the three and take defenders of the dribble. Mo has a huge wingspan and can block and alter shots in the paint as well as anyone in our program. When focused, Mo plays with a good motor and a lot of contagious energy.
This will be Sergio's first season with the varsity. Sergio has a high
basketball IQ and the coaching staff is comfortable and confident to put
Sergio in any situation on the court. Sergio has really improved his
outside shot over the past year and his physical conditioning has improved
too. Sergio is best when he has the ball in his hand and he can get his
teammates shots. Look for Sergio to give the Tigers a sense of calmness
when on the court.